While I've been blogging for some time now (my first post was on 13 September 2003 - what a long time ago that was). In the old blog, which was a pretty lame one, I garnered a grand total of 7 comments thru my long existance there.
In August last year (2005), I decided that some of my blogs were a little too harsh to be published under my name, since I was being very critical of my work then in those blogs. Thinking that I needed a bit more privacy, I switched to blogspot.
I started in August, using this blog much like I did the previous one - as a sort of diary, and expecting myself to be very critical of work. However, the death of my grandma, and a certain turn of events made me think a little about my own outlook of life.
After a short time, I decided to adopt some changes, and to reflect those changes, I started blogging differently too.
Instead of writing negative things about work all the time, I'm now only writing negative things about work some of the time. And I started to write Top Tens as one way to let off steam from work without being overtly negative.
I only seriously started doing Top Tens exactly 6 months ago. And boy, what a difference it has made. It's not so much whether you find it funny or not (although it helps a lot if you readers like it). It's more about the personal satisfaction and the fulfilment I get in the thought process that results in Top Ten lists.
Why does it help me let steam off work? Because I need to concentrate on Top Ten. And when I do that, it takes my mind off work - you can't be thinking about work and come up with a Top Ten list, really.
As a little celebration of the Top Ten list, here are some old ones that I really liked. I love all of 'em, but I love some more than others ...
- Top Ten Lame Feng Shui Master Predictions for 2006
- Top Ten Ways to overcome Coconut Shortage for Thaipusam This Year
- Top Ten Signs He's Not Really Worth 42 Billion Bucks
- Top Ten Signs You Should Watch Your CNY Spending
- Top Ten Ways I'm Dealing With Increased Petrol Prices
- Top Ten Ways My New Car Changed My Life
- Top Ten Discarded Valentine Day Cards ==> I really love this <==
- Top Ten Things I Learnt At Work
- Top Ten Lame Income Tax Excuses
- Top Ten Stupid Things To Say On the Job
- Top Ten Sugar Saving Method
- Top Ten Pet Peeves About Holidaying Alone
- Top Ten Things KL Can Do To Be Friendlier
- Top Ten Signs You've Been Watching Too Much 'Star Wars'
- Top Ten Signs You Should Change Your Car
- Top Ten Signs You're At A Bad Valentine's Dinner (for him)
- Top Ten Signs You're At A Bad Valentine's Dinner (for her)
- Top Ten Signs You're Working In A Lousy Place
- Top Ten Water Odour Excuses
- Top Ten Signs You're On A Bad Holiday
- Top Ten Changes to Your Lefstyle That Might Help Offset Petrol Price Increase
- Top Ten Things That Should Have Tax Rebates ...
- Top Ten Reasons I Wanted To Work in IT
- Top Ten Perks of Working From Home
- Top Ten Signs You're Taking Too Much Sugar
The listing of Top Tens here is not exhaustive ... there are some I've left out.
It ain't a Top Ten list but I still heart it ...
The Dummies Guide to CNY Open House
Share with me your thoughts ... let me know what you think ...
I'm looking forward to many more Top Tens myself, even though work has been keeping me so busy it's sometimes hard to even do a decent Top Ten.