Being overseas currently, I rely a lot on Online News sites to get my dose of Malaysian news and stories. And of course, just earlier this week, when Siti Nurhaliza announced her wedding plans with Datuk K, the papers just had 1 story, really.
The world might as well have come tumbling down. Or World War III might begin soon. Or the economy is going south. And the next time you wake up from your sleep, you'll be paying a few more limbs for petrol. But all that matters is that Siti is getting off the market.
So, being the busybody I am, for those of you who're invited either to her wedding, or to any other celebrity wedding in the future, here's a list of signs telling you you're at a pretty bad celebrity wedding ...
- The bride's designer wedding gown looks like dozens of IKEA shopping bags glued together.
- You're reminded to pay up for your own dinner before you leave.
- There was a table reserved for the couple's children, grand children and divorce attorneys from previous marriages.
- All 3 of the bride's ex-husbands and all 2 of the groom's future mistresses were at the reception. At the same table.
- The main course: McBubur, followed by the new KFC burger, served with bottled mineral water.
- There wasn't any wedding albums at the entrance of the reception hall. They put a stamp album there instead.
- The whole reception hall is full of bachelors, record executives and movie producers, all crying like babies.
- The best man is really a policeman who's making sure the groom doesn't jump out of the room and escape.
- In response to high petrol prices, the couple made their grand entrance, arriving in a public bus.
- The door gift: a VCD of the home video of the couple bullying their foreign maid.