... and then asked me to get well soon.
So before I move on, let's just say that my foot was left untreated today as I went on again about work. So I'm taking time off tomorrow to see my family doctor - I just called to set up an appointment with him ... it's holding up fine, as long as I don't put too much of that Siang Pure Oil, I'm not numb, there's still a throbbing pain.
OK ... memes. Someone tell me please that I'm not the only one who completes memes even when I'm overflowing with creative juices because I just hate to disappoint the people who tag me? Am I alone? Do I need to toughen up and just ignore memes like a certain banana does?
Anyways, I'm doing this meme because it sounds kinda fun.
10 Years ago I was:
... in the year 1996, I was last seen in college, with shoulder length hair, wearing tight jeans and smelling really bad. It was the final year in TAR College, and I got a scholarship to study in Australia.
From July that year, I spent the next year in Brisbane, Australia, furthering my studies, setting myself up for my current life.
- I fell in love for the first time with a girl for real.
- Went hungry for the first time in my life (mum wasn't around to make me noodles in Brisbane ...)
- I made my first meal (which I dared not consume) in Brisbane.
- I first realised how big (and small) the world was.
- I learnt a lesson in $$$ management - what budgeting was all about. Studying overseas on a budget always make you do that.
5 Years ago I was:
... in the year 2001, I was a struggling programmer with my previous company in Malaysia. It was a difficult start to my (then) new job, and I was really trying to get a footing on my life ...
- I was doing a project in KL
- I was staying in a hotel in KL while doing that project although I live in KL
- I was dying to get a new job
- I broke off with the one girl I really loved (yup the one from 10 years ago)
- I discovered that life is a bitch
- And I still couldn't save enough money to buy myself anything I really wanted
1 Year ago I was:
... in 2005, I was stationed in Bangkok, spending my entire year (except for December) there.
Here's a summary of me 1 year ago:
- I was living alone in an apartment in downtown Bangkok
- I fell in love again
- Then I fell out of love
- I gained a lot of satisfaction out of my work (until a dastardly boss came along)
- I discovered the meaning of grace under pressure
- I knew so many different friends and visited so many places in Thailand, I understand why people are so in love with that beautiful country
Yesterday I was:
- Working - it's a work day !!! There was nothing dramatic - I know, sue me I'm boring.
- Worried sick about my numb right foot, which is still giving me problems today.
- Cursing at the world's most irritating driver, an old uncle on the LDP, who travels in the fast lane at the scary speed of 50 km/h when there ISN'T any traffic. I wonder why these folks can still be on the road.
- Buying the compulsory cake & drinks to my work colleagues to celebrate my first paycheck at the new company.
5 most recent songs I listened:
According to my iPod ...
- Piao Yi - Jay Chou - from the Initial D sountrack
- Wo Men Bu Ku - Emil Chow - from the album "Rain Man"
- Automatic - Utada Hikaru
- Enter Sandman - Metallica
- Hot In Here - Nelly
Kinda retro, huh, my song selections?
5 songs I know the words to:
Um ... I know a lot of songs .... but here's the first 5 I scan off my playlist on the iPod mini ...
- Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm version (not the MJ one)
- With or Without You - U2
- I Don't Want To Miss A Thing - Aerosmith
- Yong Qi - Fish Leong
- Juk Kuan Ho - Julian Cheong Chi Lam
5 ideal places to run away to:
- No where like home, really.
- Bali, Indonesia - it's so peaceful there. Well, when those damned terrorists aren't bombing that place, it's peaceful.
- My secret contemplation spot, on a hill overlooking the KL skyline.
- I heard that Kashmir is a really nice place
- To a galaxy far, far, away ....
5 items I really want:
- The BMW M5
- My own 24 bed castle in the Bavarian Alps. What ... it's MY fantasy ok ... kenot ah?
- My own GPS device
- My own private jet
- A piece of rock from the moon
5 things I should be doing now:
- Touching up a powerpoint for a presentation tomorrow
- Something else ... I mean ... why memes? And who invented these things anyway?
- Talking with someone special on the phone
- Making a shopping list. I'm going to Hong Kong next week
5 biggest joys in life:
- Watching sunsets. Sunrises are acceptable substitues, but only if I have a partner to watch with ...
- Taking in lungfuls of fresh air along an isolated hiking trail
- Being able to help someone in need
- Sitting down for a nice cuppa/mugga/jugga with friends
- Being alive & blessed with the gift of another day to look forward to
5 people I'm tagging:
It stops here. I'm just going around and tagging the same people again and again.
Oh well, just one:
- Pelf - she claimed to have run out of ideas to blog, so this isn't supposed to be torture, this is my contribution to her blogging legacy & mental well being. Coming up with materials for blogs isn't easy, you know?