My Honda City VTEC has now got passed it's 1000 km mark - in fact it's got passed it a long time back, during Chinese New Year. The novelty has worn off, everyone has stopped telling me it smells like a new car, all the test drive kaki has test driven it and I've been to everywhere I'm likely to go anyways with it. Feels good. Not too bad, after all.
In fact, I've actually stopped cussing everytime a particle of dust lands on the car. Now I cuss every 1,000th dust particle instead. And I no longer drive the car instinctively to the car wash. Nowadays, I drive the car to the car wash when my mum says she'll have to mop the car if I don't clean it myself =(.
But life changing it is, having a new car. Here now, the Top Ten ways that Honda changed my life, for better or for worse.
- Girls still reject me, but at least they say something positive about me, such as "Nice car ...", "Nice car ..." and "Nice car, but ..."
- My travelling time to work has now been cut short dramatically because I don't have to stop along the way to pick up all the parts that drop off from the car.
- Emotional well-being has improved now that my sister stopped calling me "Loser" everytime she sees me.
- To balance out my boss's impression that I'm paid too much, I now have to dress down to work, which explains why I have been wearing my old Milo, Nescafe and Ovaltine T-Shirts lately.
- Girls still won't give me their phone numbers, but if I persist, they would scratch it on the car =)
- I have gained new perspective and insight on life since I started peddling VCDs and DVDs to pay for the car - I can now spot an enforcement officer / policeman from miles away.
- My friends stopped calling me a sorry sight. Now they call me a sorry Ah Beng.
- I am now confident enough to drive to Penang without getting a tow truck escort with me.
- My weekends have now been much more fun now that I no longer have to tighten all the screws on the car on weekends.
- Improved emotional well-being gained due to improved relations with sister deteriorated the moment I saw the bill for the first installment "=(