13 February 2006

*WAAA !!!* Kena Valentine Meme !!! *TSK*

Look, my solar system-sized ego shrunk into a lychee-sized one when I realized I was travelling this year on V-Day (I have work in Beijing/Tianjin). If that wasn't bad enough, I got tagged with a meme from someone with very little to do on V-Day. The last I checked, the lychee-sized ego is now raisin-sized ego. By the time I finish this meme, I'll probably have an ego the size of a grain of sand. And shrinking. BTW, what's the smallest unit of anything ... I know it's no longer an atom or even electron? Is it a quasar or quirk? My ego will end up that size, I'm sure ...

*Additional Notes* But I kawan-kawan with pelf lah ... so I don't mind the meme ...

So here I am, answering questions that will validate my destiny as a Gregorian monk =(

1. What did you do for the last Valentine’s?
I spent Valentine's Day with my mum in Bangkok. If there's someone who deserves a lot of love from me, it's her. I took her there since I was working there then, and she had never flown overseas for a holiday. She had a smashing time, I felt a million dollars I was able to give her a holiday =). Definately a most unusual Valentine.

2. What are you planning to do for the next Valentine’s?
If next Valentine's means tomorrow, nothing. I'm likely to be flying to Beijing. If I'm flying, I'll probably try to make friends with some air stewardess. If I'm not flying, I'll just be working. Either way, I have no plans. If I have a special someone, I'd probably make her a dinner at home - I make a mean pasta and decent salmon dishes =) - I'm sure all the places are either booked or overpriced.

3. What would be the ideal place to celebrate Valentine’s?
Haha ... if I'm with my sweetheart, I don't mind the location - as long as she is right next to me. I'm afraid it would probably be her having expectations. I would love to bring her to a dinner on a deserted beach. I can't think of a better setting than that. Serenaded by soft waves lapping the shore, warmed by the setting sun, with stars over our heads, and a chocolate/strawberry based desert ... I don't know how I can top that.

4. What qualities in a person would make an ideal Valentine’s date for you?
Must be female. I must like her. Must like me too. I guess that's really all that matters, no?

5. What gifts would you buy/have bought for your partner?
I hope to be able to buy her something she wants, that is useful and practical. I think roses are a must as well. So I'll probably buy her 3 things - (1) something she finds useful and need, (2) roses, lots of roses and (3) either a soft toy or some candy/chocolate. Don't flog me for being boring.

6. What gifts have you received/would like to receive from your partner?
Gifts are less important to me. They are merely tangible signs of love, I'd rather get no gifts and have her hand instead. But a warm hug really helps.

7. What’s your all-time favourite romantic movie?
Does Forest Gump qualify as a romantic movie? There's a also Chinese movie called "I Have a Date with Spring" - I dig that.

8. If you could choose any person on earth to be your date on Valentine’s, who would it be?
Patsy Hou Pei
Cen (侯珮岑) I really dig her. There's a whole long list, but if I have to choose one, it'll be her. Maybe she can interview me =). But I think Jay Chou might clobber me to death =( ... but I'll take that chance.

9. Tag the following people (up to your discretion) - in alphabetical order..
I would like to stop here. I'm really not sure if the people I want to tag want to be reminded of their misery.

There, my second ever meme. Hey, anyone suddenly available last minute and look like Patsy ? I'm open to that, you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's Patty Hou Pei Cen. Not Patsy Hou Pei Cen.