Well, the survey's in. Our people are RUDE - so says Reader's Digest. You can read it here.
You can start a comment war here and flame me, but I'm not taking sides. I'm not saying whether we are rude or otherwise. Everytime I think we're nice people, some rude people will turn up and wreck my day. And everytime I think the whole KL's gone south with politeness, some angelic, helpful people turn up and show me some love.. so I really can't decide, to be honest.
So ... whatever you think, I can see your point of view. We're probably not as bad as we're made out to be, but we're probably not as good as we think we are as well.
But just for fun, I'm making a Top Ten list about how KL can be friendlier ...
- Pass new law making it compulsory for snatch thieves to ask for permission from victim before stealing.
- You get your purchase free if the shopkeeper or assistant doesn't thank you.
- Instead of ignoring and chasing away salesmen who approach them when they are having teh tarik, KLites have been advised to invite the salesmen for a drink with them instead.
- Tax rebates now available for friendly people. It's called 'Rebat Sopan Santun'.
- Rude students will be allocated with courses they don't want in far away places when they apply for a place in a local university. Also valid for students with rude parents.
- After taking duit Starbucks from you, policemen will send you a nice Thank You card.
- The Religious department is establishing a vigilante group that will 'advise' people when they are not friendly.
- Create a Royal Commission On Friendliness to deliberate on this matter for the next 2 years, produce a 2000 page report and ... well ... do nothing else.
- Taxi drivers will now tell you up front that you're being ripped off.
- Drivers are advised to use official sign language to swear at each other instead of just using the finger.