It's out in the news ... there's a sugar shortage in 4 states. Now we may have to ration ... of all things ... sugar.
So now, you might just have to save on your sugar. Which isn't always such a bad thing anyways. But really, can you imagine it ?
Moz: "Eh ... mamak ... teh tarik satu, kurang manis ..."
Mamak: "Dei ... apalah lu ... teh tarik sekarang tarak gula punya la. Gula tarak cukup ..."
Moz: "^*&^*%&%&^$^$@^$%)*&@#*&^&^#$% ...
Or maybe Coke Sugarless version. Imagine the spin they'll put on it ... "No sugar! Flavor on your own ... just heat up and add sugar ..."
Well, what can we, the poor rakyat do to alleviate the sugar shortage? Here ... the Top Ten Sugar Saving Methods ...
- Stop calling you significant half with sweet names. No more Honeys or Sugar. Stick to terms like Baby or Darling.
- Ask your local mamak operator to really cut down on sugar. Half the time, those people simply tell you its kurang manis but puts the same sugar anyways.
- Start going on TV to promote the reasons for reducing the sugar subsidy, and how the money saved will actually be used to improve healthcare service ... ooops ... sounds more like way to deal with oil price increase.
- Stop listening to sugar coated boy band songs about falling in love. Now.
- Stop being sweet.
- Learn to take teh tarik and other sugar laced beverages with salt instead.
- Ask our soft drink manufacturers to finally come up with drinks that are not all sugar, all approved food flavoring and all approved food coloring. Put the real stuff in the drink, please. (Ever faced this before? You buy a dish washing liquid that says contains real lemon ... and a lemon juice that says contains permitted flavoring instead ?)
- What for save? Increase price of sugar and you'll suddenly see a flood of sugar in the market.
- Starting a bee farm is NOT very difficult ...
- Use Sugar-free sugar !