It's James Bond season again. Once in a while, when a new Bond movie comes around, the whole world stops and watch.
Pierce Brosnan was a slick Bond, but he appeared more capable of talking his way out of situations than blasting the enemy to pieces. I like him, but I wanted a bit more grit. And when they announced the new Bond - Daniel Craig ... I thought ... Daniel who ? But from the teasers, this is a gritty Bond .... I like what I'm seeing.
That said, it's probably time to break my self imposed cinema ban and step back into a movie theather. But you know, there are many movies where you realise after watching that the best bits were the ones in the trailer. So, I'll be watching closely to see if there are any differences in the new Bond movie that might render this movie limp ...
- Because of budget cuts to the MI5, Bond now drives a mid sized Toyota sedan instead of his Aston Martin.
- To keep up with the times, Bond now wears lots of bling blings.
- Bond's new super duper hi-tech gadget: a handphone that also takes pictures.
- Meeting with M now takes place in the local pub.
- Instead of befriending supermodels and drop dead gorgeous women, he's looking for his date from Friendster and MySpace.
- The opening scene shows Bond escaping from a shopping center after shoplifting a pack of condoms from 7-11.
- Celebrates successful mission by buying a holiday to Bangkok from Air Asia.
- Wants his Martini, "Ice Blended, not stirred".
- Keeps his bosses up-to-date by keeping a blog.
- The casino is in Genting Highlands.