19 April 2007

Pampering Moz


I don't often buy things on my travel. Although I pass through duty free all the time, and pass by shopping havens like Singapore or Bangkok often, I never really developed a habit of buying things.


However, I've recently developed what shutterbugs call NAS. No, it's not a disease lar ... also not a virus. It's Nikon Acquisition Syndrome.

For those you of who think your purchase is done after you get that expensive DSLR, think again. The 18-135 kit lens I got with the D80 is great, but it doesn't do macro. And you need a good bag. And a VR lens. And a speedlight. And circular polarising filters. And more memory. And cleaning kit. You get the idea now. It's an expensive hobby you can get into ...

Anyways, here I am in Singapore, and I finally took the opportunity to buy something here ...

The bags and lenses are generally cheaper in Singapore. So, you can guess what I bought, couldn't you?

The Lowepro Mikro Trekker 100 and the Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP 1:1 Macro lens.


One is a bag that costs more than double as much in KL. It's a Lowepro Mikro Trekker 100 - a camera bag small enough to travel light, and yet big enough to carry the D80 and a few lenses.

One's called the poor man's macro lens - the Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP 1:1 Macro . Forget the long, superflous name. It really means it's a medium focal length lens that's designed to work with Digital SLRs for Macro. 1:1 means it has a 1 time magnification ratio.


Now, someone tell me please, are there are good spots for me to peddle DVDs and start making some $$$ back?


Next stop: Vietnam and Singapore next week. I think I'll be seeing KLIA a lot ...

6 comments:

rainbow angeles said...

*nods while reading*

*whispers*
SS2... BK5... BK6...

*pose until frozen liao*

Anonymous said...

I know how you can get back your $$. Be a PayPerPost slave! Wuahahaha

Applegal said...

You can start by washing my car, and I'll need help cleaning my house and moving some things here and there after my exams ;) How much do you charge ah?

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your "new toy", Moz. :)

Anonymous said...

Err.. You didn't forget to buy ME anything, did you?

Opps.. Sorry arr, now that there's a sunshine, cannot buy gifts for other girls.. Muahaha..

Take care!

moz monster said...

All:
Sorry ... Internet interrupted at home, and lots of travel too ... updating this from KLIA ..

angeliu:
Mont Kiara ...
Bangsar ...
Ampang ...


What's up ? =)

che-cheh:
Nope. No need lar ... I make decent $$$ selling DVD already ...

applegal:
Wah ... eh ... how much you pay first? Will it affect the quality time I currently enjoy with my sunshine?

Lemme think about this first, hor ?

jems:
Thanks !!!

pelf:
I think terrapin food might be exempt from that !!!