It's been a while since I've done any Top Ten lists, it doesn't even feel like it's the What Talk You? blog. So, I held back the other posts that I wanted to put out and waited till I could put this one out.
I don't know if it's even on the radar in Malaysia, but did you all know that Dell is recalling many of its laptops because of a faulty Sony-manufactured batteries that could burst out in flames. But no panic, please. If you're affected, Dell is going to call you. At least that's what's happening in most of the world anyways. I know because I have contacts with 2 big companies that are using Dell laptops.
Anyways ... if you're worried and want to know if your laptop will be recalled soon ... here are some other signs to look for.
- It only runs a program when you say "Pleeeeeeease" and blinks adorably at it.
- Bursts into flames whenever you watch some 'hot' videos, if you get what I mean.
- Will only work on when you put it on you lap.
- Your laptop insists it should be running on Windows 1972.
- Thanks to a manufacturing defect, it only runs on car battery.
- You need to fly a kite during a thunderstorm to charge the batteries.
- According to the manual, it needs to be fed 3 times daily. And it prefers organic food.
- It has that shiny sticker that says "Viruses Inside"
- You've always been suspicious about the need to change the oil every 3 months.
- The mouse just ate your mousepad.
Update: There is a dedicated website http://www.dellbatteryprogram.com where you can check if your battery - but not the entire laptop is affected by the recall. Do check it out if you're wondering if you're affected.